HOMESTAY/LANDING PAD APPLICATION
Note: Homestay & Landing Pad fees are $750/month. Homestay requires first and last month fee be paid on arrival
Students and host families are matched based on the information in the Homestay Application form. You will be expected to arrive on the date stated in the form. While one or 2 days’ difference is understandable, we cannot guarantee that a difference of more than 3 days will be honored. Homestay requires a minimum of 2 weeks from date of receipt to process. If you have your visa approved and submit the application successfully, the Homestay Confirmation will be sent 3-4 weeks before your program start date. For very early arrivals, please consider:
- Many services, such as your UPass, campus facilities such as gym access and student insurance will not take effect until the beginning of your orientation.
- Buy your own insurance and bus rides for prior to that period of time.
- Plan to keep yourself busy. Use the time to learn the area and campus. Please try to avoid staying at home alone.
- For your orientation registration and agenda please visit https://international.niagaracollege.ca/orientation/
Students should note the following:
If you are considering the Off-Campus Living (Rental) option, we strongly recommend looking through the following sites:
- be prepared to make adjustments to the host family space available
- remember we cannot guarantee preferences will be met
- if you wish to cancel your application please notify us at email@example.com as soon as possible. You’ll find our cancelation policy in our Homestay Policy and Landing Pad Policy, depending on the program you apply for.
Here are several helpful Off Campus Rental Info and Tips:
For further options, you may consider the following facilities:
For the Welland Campus:
For the NOTL Campus:
HOMESTAY/LANDING PAD APPLICATION - STUDENTS
WHAT IS HOMESTAY?
As a Homestay student, you will be welcomed as part of a Canadian family. You will have your own private, furnished room and a place to store your belongings, plus three meals a day. Living with a Canadian family allows you to experience Canadian culture and support. The Homestay period is a minimum of 2 months and we hope you will want to extend your stay
WHAT IS LANDING PAD?
In Landing Pad you will be welcomed to 30 days of safe accommodation with a local host family. You will have your own private, furnished room plus two meals per day. Living in the local community will allow you to be more informed about housing options in Ontario so you can make a better decision about where you want to live during your studies.